Amgen Technology (Ireland) and the National Rehabilitation Hospital
Pottery Road, Dún Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
2012 – 2013
Amgen Technology (Ireland) and the National Rehabilitation Hospital sought the collective rezoning of a significant landholding comprising of some 25.79 hectares (63.72 acres) at Pottery Road and Rochestown Avenue to reflect better the existing uses at the NRH and Amgen.
In summary, the following alterations to the applicable Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Development Plan, 2010-2016 were adopted:
• Rezoned 7.55 hectares (18.66 acres) of lands previously zoned Objective ‘A’ to Objective ‘MH’ ;
• Rezoned 6.61 hectares (16.32 acres) of lands previously zoned Objective ‘A’ to Objective ‘E’.
• Rezoned 1.27 hectares (3.14 acres) of lands previously zoned Objective ‘F’ to Objective ‘E’;
• Removed the Institution ‘INST’ Objective from the National Rehabilitation Hospital premises and lands;
• Alterations to the wording of Specific Local Objective No. 31 and the provision of new Specific Local Objectives 124 and 125.
Tom Phillips + Associates (TPA) was employed to provide town planning services to the Clients, which included the preparation of submissions to the Local Authority justifying the proposed Variation to the Development Plan.
Our role was to recommend the most suitable zonings for the lands having regard to the activities conducted by each Client, whilst also having regard to the existing lands’ context adjoining residential land uses, and present these arguments to the Local Authority for consideration.
TPA subsequently liaised closely with the Local Authority planners and elected representatives in their assessment of the proposed Variation.
Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council adopted Variation No. 12 of the County Plan on 8th April 2012.